Scientific and ethical advisory board (SEAB)
The Scientific and Ethical Advisory Board (SEAB) is an advisory board to the Action in general and the General Assembly and Managing Board in particular. The Scientific and Ethical Advisory Board will advise the General Assembly and the Managing Board upon the request of the Project Leader together with the Coordinator and provide non-binding advice to the General Assembly and the Managing Board as decision making support.
The members of the SEAB will be invited to the annual GA meetings in order to monitor the progress of work, to assess the scientific quality and to give feedback to the Consortium members, but without a right to vote. The SEAB will also consider and mention any ethical issues which might require (stronger) attention in their feed-back.
The following renowned experts from the relevant scientific fields of EQIPD have agreed to be part of the EQIPD Scientific and Ethical Advisory Board:
- Mark Hahnel, CEO, Figshare, UK
- Catriona McCallum, Hindawi Limited(HNDAWI), UK
- Veronique Kiermer, Public Library of Science (PLOS), UK
In addition to the SEAB, we ask experts from various areas, including regulatory agencies, to give their input to EQIPD as associated collaborators:
- Rosa Sancho, Head of Research, Alzheimer’s Research UK (ARUK)
- Patri Vergara, President, International Council for Laboratory Animal Science (ICLAS)
- Lembit Rägo, Secretary-General, Council for International Organizations of Medical Science (CIOMS), Switzerland
- Michael Markie, F1000 Research (F1000)
- Javier Guillén, AAALAC International
- John Talpos, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Christel Faes, Hasselt University (UHASSELT)